Thursday, May 6, 2010

Overheard in SF / Osteological changes to my mental perceptions


Public Eavesdropping
"You shouldn't be allowed to play the ukulele if you don't speak Hawaiian."
Street person to uke strummer, overheard in Precita Park by Robert Weiner 
my sentiments exactly  . . . though the Samoans, Filipinos and Chamorros also do a good job!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Driving home today, my first thought, as a Lexus SUV passed me, was "Nuchal torus!  wow, the back of that SUV looks like a H. erectus skull." That's what teaching a phys. anth lab course does to a person.  Three weeks ago I thought my dish scrubber looked like a clavicle.  I'm teaching the class next fall - hard to say what subconscious comparisons come up.

No comments:

Post a Comment